Choosing the right sunglasses in Kitchener Waterloo can be a bit of a challenge. While it’s true that they are an accessory that should fit your own personal style, that’s not the only factor that you should consider. The following are a few other factors that you should keep in mind when choosing sunglasses in Kitchener Waterloo:
- UV protection – Sunglasses aren’t just supposed to help block out the harsh light and glare of the sun, they’re supposed to protect your eyes from the sun’s UVB and UVA rays. Look for a pair that blocks at least 99 percent of UVB rays and 95 percent of UVA rays. If you’re going to outdoors for long periods of time, consider a pair that are polarized as well for added protection.
- Coverage – Everyone’s face is shaped differently, which means that different pairs of sunglasses may provide more or less coverage for you. When you try the sunglasses on, pay attention to whether you can see around the frames, whether it’s to the sides or at the top or bottom. If you can, the sunglasses aren’t big enough.
- Durability – Sunglasses often have fragile coatings, so be sure to look for a pair that advertises scratch resistance. For the most durable lenses, look for NXT polyurethane lenses, which are impact-resistant, lightweight, and flexible.
- Style – There are many different styles of sunglasses to choose from, including mirrorshades, aviators, wayfarers, teashades, oversized, and more. The best way to choose a style that suits your look is by matching the shape of the sunglasses to the shape of your face. For example, if you have a square face, try round sunglasses. If you have a round face, go with square sunglasses. For a long face, choose wider, rectangular glasses.
- Fit – It won’t matter if your sunglasses are the perfect style if they keep falling off your face. When trying on sunglasses, make sure that they stand on the bridge of your nose and ears. They shouldn’t lean to either side, nor should they pinch around your head.
These are some helpful tips that should help you pick out the perfect pair of sunglasses in Kitchener Waterloo that will not only fit your stylistic sensibilities, but that will also help to do what they are supposed to do–protect your eyes. If you’re in need of a new pair of sunglasses, be sure to visit us at KW Vision Centre today.